20 October 2026
PO Box 986 Douglas Isle of Man IM99 2TB
Isle of Man News Travel

Eight Sailings Facing Possible Cancellation

MV Ben My Chree

Several Steam Packet sailings on Friday and Saturday are at risk of disruption or cancellation due to forecast adverse weather conditions.

The Steam Packet has issued warnings for a number of crossings operated by both the Manannan and Ben-my-Chree, with passengers advised that final decisions on whether sailings will proceed will be made closer to departure times.

At-risk sailings on Friday include the Manannan’s Douglas to Larne crossing departing at 6:45am and the return sailing from Larne at 10:45am. A final decision on both services is expected by 5:00pm on Thursday.

The Ben-my-Chree’s 8:00am departure from Douglas to Heysham and the 1:45pm return sailing from Heysham are also subject to possible disruption or cancellation, with a decision due by 6:00am on Friday.

Liverpool services operated by the Manannan are also affected. The 3:00pm departure from Douglas and the 7:15pm return crossing from are also subject to possible disruption or cancellation, with a final decision expected by 1:00pm on Friday.

Meanwhile, the Ben-my-Chree’s 7:30pm departure from Douglas to Heysham and the vessel’s 2:00am sailing from Heysham on Saturday have both been placed at risk, with an update expected by 5:00pm on Friday.

The company is urging customers travelling over the weekend to monitor the latest sailing updates as weather conditions develop.

Charlie Morrey is a Broadcast & Multi Media Journalist for Manx.News and also is a Presenter on Energy FM. Charlie has previously written for Isle of Man Newspapers, magazines and also started her broadcasting career with Manx Radio.

Leave a Reply